Mahima Choudhry

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Full Name: Mahima Choudhry

Real Name: Ritu Choudhry

Profession: Actress

Star Sign: Virgo

DOB: September 13th

Place of Birth: Delhi

Height: 5'3"

Status: Single 

Family: Father is a tea planter and mother is a housewife. Has one sister, Akanksha and one brother, Siddharth.

Address: D/5 4th Floor

Silver View 

Versova, Andheri 

Mumbai 400 061

Debut Film: Pardes

Breath-Taking Performances: Pardes, Yeh Tera Ghar Yeh Mera Ghar, Deewane, Dhadkan

Background: One day a model called Ritu Chowdhury went for an audition for a Subhash Ghai film. The result - she was selected and was overnight transformed and groomed by the showman to act opposite one of India’s biggest stars Shah Rukh Khan. Yes, with Pardes a new star was born - Mahima Chaudhry.

Famous For: Yet to get that fame, but she is very much on her way. Best thing about her is that she looks good in both traditional indian dresses, and western dressing.

Did you know? Mahima won the best newcomer of the year Filmfare award in 1997, beating out Aishwarya Rai for Aur Pyar Ho Gaya.

Famous Dialogue: "Maaji, Aap aaj ke zamaane mein bhi yeh sab baaton par vishwas karti hain... Are maaji yeh to woh Zamana hai jab apne saath chor dete hain and aur paraye aur sautele kaam aate hain" - Dhadkan

Most Serious Role(s): In Pardes, playing a girl trying to get setlled in pardes. Also, in Deewane where she sacrifices her love.

Funniest Role: In Judwaa, Hero No.1, Haseena Maan Jaayegi, Saajan Chale Sasural, and Dulhan Hum Le Jaayenge

Awards & Achievements:

LUX Face of the Year 1997

LUX ZEE CINE AWARD 1997 - Best Female Debutant

FILMFARE Best Female Debutant Award 1997 for PARDES

Nominated for FILMFARE Best Actress Award 1997 for PARDES.

Learn More About Mahima:

I Love : To have the last laugh

I hate : solitude. It's a good place to visit, a poor place to stay

I am superstitious about : Cat

My biggest fear : Leading a less expressive life than i dreamed of

My strength : My family's love and belief in me

My weakness : Books

My sex appeal : You tell me

My wildest fantasy : None

My Hero : Papa

My spice : My pets

My favorite bedroom line: "No night as a problem can defeat surise or hope"

My biggest assets : My family

My passion : Work

My greatest necessity : My freedom

My favorite possession : My dreams

What touches me most : Kindness

First movie : Pardes with Shahrukh Khan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment